4 Steps to Discovering Your Motivation to Recruit the Best Sales Team
Please share this video with friends.
Hello, I am Steve Suggs, sales recruiting expert and author of the book, Can They Sell. Welcome to my sales recruitment video blog. 3 minutes of learning to hire the best salespeople.
In his sales training, John Costigan tells this story. He said,
“In a discovery interview with the main decision maker, I asked her this question, ‘If you fix this problem in your department, what will it mean to you personally?’ At first she didn’t really understand why I was asking her a personal question. So I clarified the question by saying, ‘If you fix this problem in your department, will it help you get a bonus?’ She said, ‘Yes, of course.’ I then asked her, ‘What are you looking forward to doing with that bonus?’ She finally said with a great deal of emotion, ‘I ride horses, and I have a new saddle picked out!’ Her face lit up as she spent the next five minutes telling me about her horses and why she wanted this new saddle. I said, ‘I want to help you get that saddle.’”
John got the sale that day. Besides this great lesson in face-to-face selling, his story taught me another lesson.
When we tie our business goals to something specific and personal, we’re motivated to discipline ourselves to work hard and push through the sweat zone to achieve our goals.
Here is a simple exercise that will help you discover some of your challenges related to building a high performance sales team. Follow these 4 simple steps and you will discover your personal motivations and create some steps for achieving your goals.
- Write down your top 5 greatest challenges in building your sales team.
- Write down the impact of these challenges on your business, family, income, and career.
- Write down the specific ways you will personally benefit if you overcome these challenges.
- Write down 5 action steps to take in the next 30 days to overcome your challenges.
Spend the next 15 minutes completing this exercise, and then spend the next 30 days completing your action steps.
I am so excited for you. After this exercise,
- you will know the source of your daily stress
- you will create a personal motivation to remove the stress
- you will have some steps that will move you closer to your personal goal
Send me an email in 30 days and tell me your story of how you personally benefited from this exercise. I can’t wait to hear from you.
Thank you for joining me. See you next time on the Can They Sell video blog for more sales job recruitment training. As always, please leave your comments below and forward this video to anyone who will benefit. Now go enjoy recruiting the best, and have fun in the sales interview.
Learn more about the following:
• Where to find sales people, where to find sale reps
• What to look for while recruiting salespeople - 5 Dimensions of the Best Salesperson Profile Hiring sales, hire salespeople, hire sales people, hiring sales people, hiring sales reps, IT sales recruitment, recruiting sales people, sales job recruitment
• How to look for the 5 Dimensions - get questionnaires - interview questions for sales, interview questions for salespeople, sales interview, interview questions for sales people
- Sales test, sales assessment, CPQ, Craft Personality Questionnaire
- Sales interview tips
- Sales job description – page 79, Can They Sell book
- Tips for screening resumes – Chapter 13, Can They Sell book
To YOUR Success,