Are Your Sales Candidates Drinking Milk or Eating Meat?
Please share this video with friends.
Hello, I am Steve Suggs, sales recruiting expert and author of the book, Can They Sell. Welcome to my sales recruitment video blog. 3 minutes of learning to hire the best salespeople.
The great motivational trainer, Zig Zigler, said,
“We're all like fruit. We're either ripening or rotting.”
He used this quotation to encourage salespeople to always be studying to improve their sales skills and emotional maturity.
Brendon Burchard is a New York Times best-selling author, trainer and consultant. He currently holds the world record for the most online sales in a 4-hour period. It's around $4 million. Brendon says that he has been reading a book a week for the past 10 years. After having taken his training course both online and live, I have to admit that he is one of the smartest visionaries I know. He's only 35 years old.
The best salespeople take responsibility for their future by investing time and dollars in sales training courses, books, and CDs. When we recruit the best, we want to recruit the salesperson who has matured from drinking milk to eating meat. Taking personal responsibility for their future means they have the attitude, “If it is to be, it is up to me.”
Strong candidates bring this attitude to the job, “These are the things that I will accomplish if you hire me, and these are the talents that I will bring to this job.”
Weak candidates bring this attitude to the job, “It's not my fault that I failed at my last job. Their training was lousy,” “It's not my fault that I didn't hit quota, I had a lousy manager.”
It's important that we measure whether or not candidates expect us to feed them from the bottle, or if they will take responsibility for creating their own future from the opportunity that we provide.
Here are the interview questions for sales to measure the degree to which your candidates are drinking milk or eating meat.
- What are you currently doing, or have done, to increase your sales skills?
- What are you currently doing, or have done, to help you grow and mature to become a better salesperson?
- Describe the sales process you use.
- Where did you learn that process?
Strong candidates are investing their own time and money learning and growing mentally emotionally and physically.
Thank you for joining me. See you next time on the Can They Sell video blog for more sales job recruitment training. As always, please leave your comments below and forward this video to anyone who will benefit. Now go enjoy recruiting the best, and have fun in the sales interview.
Learn more about the following:
• Where to find sales people, where to find sale reps
• What to look for while recruiting salespeople - 5 Dimensions of the Best Salesperson Profile Hiring sales, hire salespeople, hire sales people, hiring sales people, hiring sales reps, IT sales recruitment, recruiting sales people, sales job recruitment
• How to look for the 5 Dimensions - get questionnaires - interview questions for sales, interview questions for salespeople, sales interview, interview questions for sales people
- Sales test, sales assessment, CPQ, Craft Personality Questionnaire
- Sales interview tips
- Sales job description – page 79, Can They Sell book
- Tips for screening resumes – Chapter 13, Can They Sell book
To YOUR Success,