“How can we refresh our sales strategies and activities to stay fresh, focused and motivated?” or, “How do we reinvigorate and re-energize ourselves in the face of adversity?”
Seven (7) Ways to Remain Fresh, Focused, Motivated, Invigorated, and Energized … (in order of priority for me)
- Pray. I’ve got to start with this one – I do believe there is a God.
- Remember who I am, the adventure I’m on, the battles I face, and whom I’m to rescue (ex: my bride, children, friends, co-workers, clients)
- Bring celebration and gratitude and a focus on providing encouragement and help to those around me.
- Believe that “I have what it takes.”
- Get around people, movies, books, audio, and things that inspire me.
- Get trusted advisers involved with my direction, plans, and situation (i.e., “What’s Good, What’s Bad, What’s Unclear, What’s Missing). Listen to their advice
- Strive to improve myself with systems, processes, tools, and skills with which to improve – identify areas for growth and strive to get better. I can.
In summary, “Chop Wood, Carry Water, Enjoy the FIRE!” Keep at it and remember “who and why” – no matter how hard life kicks us.
It’s easy to get into a rut. It’s easy to focus on the negative. It’s easy to get depressed – just read the paper or listen to talk radio enough. Let’s remember to set our minds on the things that instill hope, best actions today, and passion for the future. Let’s be glad that today can be embraced as a new beginning. Let’s make, as much as we are able, our environment into one that inspires us – “by paying attention to what we pay attention TO.” Let’s get better. We can. Lance